Thanks for starting this discussion.

In general, i am also in favor of making docker image release could be
partly decoupled from Flink release. However, i think it should only happen
when we want to make some changes that are independent from Flink
majar release(e.g. JDK11, change base image, install more tools, upgrade the
docker entrypoint, etc.). If the Flink release branch codes have changed, we
should not build them in a new docker image. Instead, if we could provide
the daily updating snapshot for docker image, it will be very helpful for
the users
who want to have a taste of new features or benefit from urgent hotfix.

Best,
Yang

Ismaël Mejía <ieme...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月28日周二 下午11:07写道: