Hi

I like the idea to give clear description of JIRA fields in Flink community
when creating tickets.

After reading from Robert's explanation, I found my previous understanding
differs from the field at "Affect Version/s",
and is close to general understanding as JIRA official guide said[1]: Affects
version is the version in which a bug or problem was found.

If the bug is introduced and found in Flink-1.8.1 and still existing in current
release-1.11 branch. I would like to fill in the first version and
next major versions, eg. Flink-1.8.1, Flink-1.9.0, Flink-1.10.0 and
Flink-1.11.0. Integrated with Robert's explanation, I think a better choice
might be
filling in the version which brought in and all currently supported and
unreleased Flink versions known to be affected by this.

I think it's okay to give different explanations on the same field for
different communities.
If so, I think we should provide this notice in the official web-site, JIRA
template or any other place instead of just dev mail list to reach
developer/users.

[1] https://www.atlassian.com/agile/tutorials/versions

Best
Yun Tang