Hi,

is anyone actually using our .editorconfig file? IntelliJ has a plugin for this that is actually quite powerful.

I managed to write a .editorconfig file that I quite like: https://github.com/aljoscha/flink/commits/new-editorconfig. For me to use that, we would either need to update our Flink file to what I did there or remove the "root = true" part from the file to allow me to place my custom .editorconfig in the directory above.

It's probably a lost cause to find consensus on what settings we should have in that file but it could be helpful if we all used the same settings. For what it's worth, this will format code in such a way that it pleases our (very lenient) checkstyle rules.

What do you think?

Best,
Aljoscha