Hi Till,

Yes, we don't have the setting in flink-conf.yaml.

Generally, we carry forward the existing configuration and any change to
default configuration values would impact the upgrade.

Yes, since it is an incompatible change I would state it in the release
notes.

Thanks,
Thomas

BTW I found a performance regression while trying to upgrade another
pipeline with this RC. It is a simple Kinesis to Kinesis job. Wasn't able
to pin it down yet, symptoms include increased checkpoint alignment time.