- verified checksums and signature
- built Flink from source release with Scala 2.12
- Executed some example jobs successfully
- verified license and notice files

I found the following issues with some NOTICE files:

* flink-connector-hive: org.apache.parquet:parquet-format:1.10.0 ->
org.apache.parquet:parquet-format:2.4.0
* flink-connector-kinesis:
  com.amazonaws:aws-java-sdk-dynamodb:jar:1.11.754 ->
com.amazonaws:aws-java-sdk-dynamodb:jar:1.11.603
  com.amazonaws:aws-java-sdk-s3:jar:1.11.754 ->
com.amazonaws:aws-java-sdk-s3:jar:1.11.603
  com.amazonaws:aws-java-sdk-kms:jar:1.11.754 ->
com.amazonaws:aws-java-sdk-kms:jar:1.11.603
* flink-sql-parquet: org.apache.commons:commons-compress:1.20 not used

So these three modules report wrong versions for their dependencies in the
NOTICE files. I would argue that this is not a big problem since the
license did not change and we are not required to list ASL 2.0
dependencies. Hence, I would suggest to continue with the release voting. I
will open a PR to fix these problems soon.

Given that this is not a problem and that we don't find a problem in the
network stack, +1 for this release candidate.

Cheers,
Till