Thanks Rui for the proposal, I think this FLIP is required by many users,
and it is very good to traditional Hive users. I have some confusion:

# Version

Which Hive version do you want to choose? Maybe, Hive 3.X and Hive 2.X have
some differences?

# Hive Codes

Can you evaluate how much code we need to copy to our flink-hive-connector?
Do we need to change them? We need to maintain them anyway.

# Functions

About Hive functions, I don't think it is a limitation, we are using
HiveModule to be compatible with Hive, right? So it is a solution instead
of a limitation.

# Keywords

Do you think there will be a keyword problem? Or can we be 100% compatible
with Hive?

On the whole, the FLIP looks very good and I'm looking forward to it.

Best,
Jingsong

--
Best, Jingsong Lee