If we all agree the option should only be handled by sql client, then why
don't we
just call it `sql-client.dml-sync`? As you said, calling it
`table.dml-sync` but has no
affection in `TableEnv.executeSql("INSERT INTO")` will also cause a big
confusion for
users.

The only concern I saw is if we introduce
"TableEnvironment.executeMultiSql()" in the
future, how do we control the synchronization between statements? TBH I
don't really
see a strong requirement for such interfaces. Right now, we have a pretty
clear semantic
of `TableEnv.executeSql`, and it's very convenient for users if they want
to execute multiple
sql statements. They can simulate either synced or async execution with
this building block.

This will introduce slight overhead for users, but compared to the
confusion we might
cause if we introduce such a method of our own, I think it's better to wait
for some more
feedback.

Best,
Kurt