Hi Till,

Thanks for your comments.

* What is the requestId used for in the RPC call?

It is the handle that is used as the key in the
ThreadInfoRequestCoordinator's pending responses Map. I believe it was
called sampleId in the StackTraceSampleCoordinator, but I decided to rename
it because there is also a ThreadInfoSampleService which is actually
responsible for sampling the JVM numSamples number of times. I found that
the notion of what a sample is was a bit confusing. Now one thread info
request corresponds to gathering numSamples from a corresponding Task. Hope
that makes sense.

* Would it make sense to group numSubSamples, delayBetweenSamples and
maxStackTraceDepth into a ThreadSamplesRequest class? This would decrease
the number of parameters and group those which are closely related together.

Good point. I will rework it accordingly.

Alexander Fedulov | Solutions Architect
Follow us @VervericaData