Thanks Chesnay for bringing this up for discussion. +1 for Java 8
deprecation. Every decision has pros and cons. All concerns mentioned
previously are fair enough. I think that the active support for Java 8
ending in 4 months will have an impact on the projects that still stick
with Java 8 and on Flink users too. Flink should not be the last one to do
the migration. It's a good timing to move forward.

Best regards
Jing