Could someone please help me understand the implications of the upgrade?

As far as I understood this upgrade would only affect users that have a
zookeeper shared across multiple services, some of which require ZK 3.4-? A
workaround for those users would be to run two ZKs with different versions,
eventually deprecating old ZK, correct?

If that is the only limitation, I'm +1 for the proposal since ZK 3.4 is
already EOL.

How are K8s users affected?

Best,

Arvid