Hi Galen,

Thanks for explaining the problems with the current design. I think I've
already learned quite a bit wrt Go thanks to you :-)

>From what you describe it seems indeed a bit restrictive to let the
statefun.Context contain the context.Context w/o giving access to it.
Maybe @Seth
Wiesman <sjwies...@gmail.com> can elaborate a bit more on the design
decisions to make sure that we have the full picture.

As a cheap workaround you could create a context.Context object by calling
https://github.com/knative/pkg/blob/d48172451966/logging/logger.go#L45 on
the statefun.Context and then pass this Context instance to the downstream
function. But I agree that this is not the perfect solution.

How do other libraries handle this situation if they offer a custom Context
type? Maybe @Austin Cawley-Edwards <austin.caw...@gmail.com> you have an
opinion on the matter.

Cheers,
Till