Hi Jark and Jing,

+1 to use "report" instead of "collect".

>  // only filter push down (*the description means
> partitionPushDownSpec == null but misses the case of
> partitionPushDownSpec != null*)

`if (partitionPushDownSpec != null && filterPushDownSpec == null)`
this branch is only consider that the partition is partition is pushed down,
but no filter is push down. The planner will collect the statistics
from catalog first,
and then try to collect the statistics from collectors if the catalog
statistics is unknown.

`else if (filterPushDownSpec != null)` this branch means  whether
the partitionPushDownSpec is null or not, the planner will collect
statistics from
collectors only, because the catalog do not support get statistics with filters.

`else if (collectStatEnabled
                && (table.getStatistic().getTableStats() == TableStats.UNKNOWN)
                && tableSource instanceof SupportStatisticReport)`
this branch means no partition and no filter are pushed down.

or we can change the pseudocode to:
 if (filterPushDownSpec != null) {
   // filter push down, no mater  partition push down or not
} else {
    if (partitionPushDownSpec != null) {
        // partition push down, while filter not
     } else {
         // no partition and filter push down
     }
}