Thanks for bringing this up.
I'm +1 on enabling the incremental checkpoint  by default on RocksDB. But I
also agree with Yuan about not enabling this on newly implemented
incremental checkpoint for hashmap statebackend.
I am wondering can we make it behave differently for different state
backends when ```state.backend.incremental``` is not set? Although it may
bring some confusion in the default behaviour.