Email: zoltar9...@163.com

---- Replied Message ----
| From | Yuan Mei<yuanmei.w...@gmail.com> |
| Date | 06/15/2022 11:41 |
| To | dev<dev@flink.apache.org> ,
<ro...@ververica.com> |
| Subject | Re: [DISCUSS ] Make state.backend.incremental as true by default |
Thanks for bringing this up.

I am +1 on making incremental checkpoints by default for RocksDB, but not
universally for all state backends.

Besides being widely used in prod, enabling incremental checkpoint for
RocksDB by default is also a pre-requisite when enabling task-local by
default FLINK-15507 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-15507>

The incremental checkpoint for the hashmap statebackend is under review
right now. CC @ro...@ververica.com <ro...@ververica.com> , which is not a
good idea being enabled by default in the first version.

Best,

Yuan

On Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 7:33 PM Jiangang Liu <liujiangangp...@gmail.com>