Hello All,

I would like to start discussing the first release of the new Flink
Opensearch Connector [1] 1.0.0. As per the connector versioning strategy
[2] from the new flink-connector-opensearch repository [3]. As of today,
no outstanding issues are left for the first release to happen.

I propose that we release 1.0.0 with support for Flink 1.16 (1.0.0-1.16).
Since this is a new connector (has never been part of the Flink distribution),
it probably makes sense to start from version 1.0.0 but suggestions here are
more than welcome.

I would appreciate if PMC member volunteers to step in as the release manager.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-243%3A+Dedicated+Opensearch+connectors
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Externalized+Connector+development