Thanks a lot Danny. The connector builds against 1.16 and 1.17 (snapshot)
right now, I think we could explore 1.15 support. The Opensearch is backed
by AWS as of today, right, but it is a community driven project under
OpenSearch Project organization, so I would not tight it to AWS anyhow (and
your are correct, it does not use any AWS SDKs). Hope it makes sense, thank
you.

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Externalized+Connector+development