Hi everyone,

I am trying to do some experiments with Flink. I am trying to modify the
source code of Flink for this experiment, and I am starting a process
thread from JobMaster.java constructor whenever a new job is started in
Flink. In this thread, I want to monitor a few metrics related to the job
and make some decisions based on it.

Is there any way to collect metrics related to a job without using REST
endpoints? Because I think using REST endpoints here is pointless as this
is internal code running on JobMaster. If there is no other way than using
REST endpoints, is there any easy way to serialize or parse JSON responses
from those endpoints as the response structures are already defined in the
classes.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this.

Thank you,
Atul