Hi Sergey,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It could somehow help but didn't get to
the root of this issue.

According to the documentation, Flink shaded is used to provide a single
instance of a shaded dependency across sub-modules in Flink repo. Shaded
namespaces should be used where shaded dependencies are configured. After
connectors have been externalized, it ends up with more repos depending on
one shaded jar, e.g. guava. This is a "monolithic" dependency setup that
makes it difficult to change the root(flink-shade), because any changes of
the root have to be propagated to all downstream repos. Even worse is that
not every downstream repo is known while modifying the root.

Since all externalized connectors have their own repos and are not
sub-modules of Flink anymore, I would suggest the following upgrade:

1. Connectors should use their own classloader instead of Flink's
classloader. This will break the monolithic dependency. Connectors and
Flink can use different versions of flink-shaded.
2. [optional] It would be even better that all connector repos depend on
their own individual shaded repo, e.g. flink-connector-shaded. flink-shaded
should only be used by Flink.

WDYT?

Best regards,
Jing