Thanks Gordon for the comments!

   1. I have changed the FLIP name to the one proposed by you.
   2. In the Iceberg sink we need access only to the Flink metrics. We do
   not specifically need the job ID in the Committer after the SinkV2
   migration (more about that later). This is the reason why I have stated in
   the FLIP, that *"We should also provide similar context information as
   we do in the Writer’s case, which should be discussed further on the
   mailing list."*. What I did is: I have just copied most of the
   org.apache.flink.api.connector.sink2.InitContext [1] properties to the
   CommitterInitContext and removed the ones which seemed excessive to me.
   The API in the FLIP is only a draft, and I am open to any suggestions.

In the new Iceberg Sink we need unique ids for the Committables, but we
generate them in the SinkV2Aggregator [2] which is placed into the
PreCommitTopology. The aggregator has access to the job ID, operator ID and
checkpoint ID. So no new info is needed on the Committer side there.

Thanks,
Peter

- [1]
https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/cd95b560d0c11a64b42bf6b98107314d32a4de86/flink-core/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/api/connector/sink2/Sink.java#L95-L131