Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I realized that there was a bit of a misunderstanding around my suggestion
for the migration plan. My intention was what Yangze Guo and Xintong had in
mind:
Azure CI should be handled as the ground truth. GitHub Actions CI should be
only used in the PRs to allow identifying mismatches between the two CI
infrastructures. The PR should NOT become unmergable if GHA fails.

It might be worth documenting this in .github/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md and
the CI bots output (here I would need help from a contributor who has
access to the Ververica machines).

I updated the "Migration Plan" section in FLIP-396 [1] to illustrate that
there are three separate tracks which will be executed in parallel. I feel
like this is more or less what everyone else had in mind (feel free to
correct me).

 We could limit the (first) trial run to branches.

We could do that if we feel like it's confusing contributors too much. But
based on the runs I conducted in my fork XComp:flink [2] for the extended
(nightly) CI [3] and the basic (on push) CI [4], I'm quite confident that
we could get a decently stable CI for GHA right from the start.

I'm gonna leave this discussion open for a few days and will start a vote
probably next week if no other concerns come up.

Matthias

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-396%3A+Trial+during+Flink+1.19+Cycle+to+test+migrating+to+GitHub+Actions
[2] https://github.com/XComp/flink/actions/