Hi devs,

This is the summary of the 3rd release sync of Flink 1.19:

- *Features & issues tracking*
  There're 7 weeks until the feature freeze date, so far we've had 23
flips/features and the status looks good. It is encouraged to continuously
updating the 1.19 wiki page[1] for contributors.
  - FLINK-33528 Externalize Python connector code[2], volunteers on the
related connectors are welcome!
  - Voting for flink-shaded[3] version 1.18.0 is still open, binding votes
are needed!

- *Blockers*
  - [closed] external connectors compilation failure cause by FLINK-25857,
discussion thread[3]
  - [potential blocker] the new JUnit5 fails to delete a directory on AZP
for various table-planner tests FLINK-33641[4]

- *Sync meeting* (https://meet.google.com/vcx-arzs-trv)
  The next scheduled release time sync is *December 26, 2023*, but given
that it falls during the Christmas holidays, we'd like to hear your
suggestions on whether to skip this sync?
  If we don't receive feedback by *December 25*, the sync will go on as
usual.

Lastly, we encourage attendees to fill out the topics to be discussed at
the bottom of 1.19 wiki page[1] a day in advance, make it easier for
everyone to understand the background of the topics.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/1.19+Release
[3] https://lists.apache.org/thread/h6nkgth838dlh5s90sd95zd6hlsxwx57

Yun, Jing, Martijn and Lincoln