Hi devs,

I'd like to start a discussion about FLIP-410: Config, Context and
Processing Timer Service of DataStream API V2 [1]. This is the second
sub-FLIP of DataStream API V2.

In FLIP-409 [2], we have defined the most basic primitive of
DataStream V2. On this basis, this FLIP will further answer several
important questions closely related to it:

   1.
   How to configure the processing over the datastreams, such as
setting the parallelism.
   2.
   How to get access to the runtime contextual information and
services from inside the process functions.
   3. How to work with processing-time timers.

You can find more details in this FLIP. Its relationship with other
sub-FLIPs can be found in the umbrella FLIP
[3].

Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks!

Best regards,

Weijie

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-410%3A++Config%2C+Context+and+Processing+Timer+Service+of+DataStream+API+V2