Hi all,

Xuannan(cced) and I would like to start a discussion on FLIP-405:
FLIP-405: Migrate string configuration key to ConfigOption[1].

As Flink progresses to 2.0, we want to enhance the user experience
with the existing configuration. In FLIP-77, Flink introduced ConfigOption
with DataType and strongly encourage users to utilize ConfigOption
instead of string keys for accessing and setting Flink configurations.
Presently, many string configuration keys have been deprecated and
replaced with ConfigOptions; however, some string configuration
keys are still in use.

To ensure a better experience with the existing configuration in Flink 2.0,
this FLIP will migrate all user-facing string configuration keys to
ConfigOptions.
Additionally, we want to modify the Configuration infrastructure to
promote the use of ConfigOption over string configuration keys
among developers and users. It's mentioned in a preview thread[2].

Looking forward to everyone's feedback and suggestions, thank you!

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/6Yr5E
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/zzsf7glfcdjcjm1hfo1xdwc6jp37nb3m

Best,
Rui