Thank you Leonard for sharing your thoughts on this topic.

I agree that complying with the Flink community connector
development process would be a must, if there are no legal or
copyright issues, I would be happy to take that task for this
particular case.

I am no legal/copyright expert myslef, but Bahir uses the Apache
2.0 license as well, so I believe it should be possible without too many
complications, but I try to look for help on that front.

FYI we are using and supporting a downstream fork of the Kudu connector on top
of Flink 1.18 without any major modifications, so it is pretty up to date
upstream as well.

Regards,
Ferenc