Hi team,

Thanks for bringing this up, Feri. I am +1 for maintaining the Kudu
connector as an external Flink connector.

As per the legal/trademark questions this is actually fair game because one
does not donate code to a specific Apache project, technically it is
donated to the Apache Software foundation. Consequently moving between ASF
projects is fine, I would add a line to the NOTICE file stating that this
code originally lived in Bahir once we forked it.

Although I did not find an easy to link precedent this is also implied in
the Attic Bahir site [1] ("notify us if you fork outside Apache") and in
this [2] Apache community dev list chat. We should notify the Attic team in
any case. :-)

[1] https://attic.apache.org/projects/bahir.html
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/p31mz4x4dcvd43f026d5p05rpglzfyrt