Hi folks,

Thank you all for your input, it really makes sense to introduce missing
catalog-related SQL syntaxes under this FLIP, and I have changed the
title of doc to "FLIP-436: Introduce Catalog-related Syntax".

After comprehensive consideration, the following syntaxes should be
introduced, more suggestions are welcome :)

> 1. SHOW CREATE CATALOG catalog_name
> 2. DESCRIBE/DESC CATALOG catalog_name
> 3. ALTER CATALOG catalog_name SET (key1=val1, key2=val2, ...)

Regarding the `alter catalog` syntax format, I refer to the current design
of `alter database`.

Given that CatalogManager already provides catalog operations such as
create, get, and unregister, and in order to facilitate future
implementation
of audit tracking, I propose to introduce the alterCatalog() function in
CatalogManager. WDYT?

Please see details in FLIP doc [1] .

Best,
Yubin