Hi everyone,

With the release announcement of Flink 1.19, it's a good time to kick off
discussion of the next release 1.20.

- Release managers

I'd like to volunteer as one of the release managers this time. It has been
good practice to have a team of release managers from different
backgrounds, so please raise you hand if you'd like to volunteer and get
involved.

- Timeline

Flink 1.19 has been released. With a target release cycle of 4 months,
we propose a feature freeze date of *June 15, 2024*.

- Collecting features

As usual, we've created a wiki page[1] for collecting new features in 1.20.

In addition, we already have a number of FLIPs that have been voted or are
in the process, including pre-works for version 2.0.

In the meantime, the release management team will be finalized in the next
few days, and we'll continue to create Jira Boards and Sync meetings
to make it easy
for everyone to get an overview and track progress.

Best regards,

Weijie

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/1.20+Release