Hi Piotrek,

Thanks for this proposal. It looks like it will shorten the checkpoint
duration, especially in the case of back pressure. +1 for it!  I'd
like to ask some questions to understand your thoughts more precisely.

1. Currently when AbstractStreamOperator or AbstractStreamOperatorV2
processes a watermark, the watermark will be sent to downstream, if
the `InternalTimerServiceImpl#advanceWatermark` is interrupted, when
is the watermark sent downstream?
2. IIUC, processing-timer's firing is also encapsulated into mail and
executed in mailbox. Is processing-timer allowed to be interrupted?

Best regards,
Yanfei

Piotr Nowojski <pnowoj...@apache.org> 于2024年4月29日周一 21:57写道: