From: Balazs Donat Bessenyei <bes...@cloudera.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 8:01 AM
To: dev@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Flume 1.7 release plan

As there have been no objections, I am going to proceed with the plan
I have outlined in my original mail.

I will try to work a little more on some flaky tests to help with the
release process. (Such as FLUME-3002: Some tests in TestBucketWriter
are flaky.)

It would be awesome if someone could fix FLUME-2971 (Document Kerberos
set-up for Kafka Sink and Kafka Source).

Also, I have found a few more tickets that could use a little care:
FLUME-2689 (reloading conf file leads syslogTcpSource not receives any
event) - probably only needs some more reviews,
FLUME-2716 (File Channel cannot handle capacity Integer.MAX_VALUE) -
missing a test,
FLUME-2461 (memoryChannel bytesRemaining counting error) - missing test
Patch-less (Needs some investigation and a fix. I am not sure about
their complexity):
FLUME-2912 (thrift Sources/Sinks can only authenticate with kerberos
principal in format with hostname)
FLUME-2871 (avro sink reset-connection-interval cause EventDeliveryException)
FLUME-2811 (Taildir source doesn't call stop() on graceful shutdown)

However, none of these seem to be a release blocker, so if they are
not done by Oct 7-10, it would still be fine.

Please, let me know your thoughts

Donat