Hi Lior!

No, my message was not directed at you, or any person in particular. I
intended this message for those paying attention to this topic to try and
set expectations for how decision making for things like this usually (and
hopefully) works in Apache: If you are willing to do the work to get
something done, then it will probably get done the way you want!

(Assuming the end result is something that others in the community want --
in this case, it's very basic pre-commit checks. I think we have consensus
that pre-commit checks are something that would be a net benefit to
everyone.)

Sorry for any confusion! And don't let me stop people from voicing their
views and concerns.

Best,
Mike