FWIW:
I’m not overly in favour of rushing a release out when we have many JIRAs
with patches submitted, especially when some of those are +1’d by multiple
reviewers.

This doesn’t speak of a mature and active community process - I’d much
rather that we pause a little, have a big effort by the committers to get
these patches in - especially as this will improve buy-in for those who
have spent time developing patches. I, for one, would be much more likely
to be a more active member of the community if I could see my patches
getting committed, rather than spending years in ‘patch available’.

Would anyone be in favour of a concerted push to get some of these types of
JIRAs committed?

Tristan