I am working on exactly that. But there are quite a few dependencies that need
to be updated besides Log4j. That update was pretty easy.

I am currently trying to update the Avro dependency as it also has security
issues. Unfortunately, Avro’s upgrade is not completely binary compatible,
which is causing an error in the kite-sdk, which appears to be an another
Cloudera abandoned project.

In short, Apache Flume really needs more people to become active in the project.

Ralph