My primary objection is it burns a major version number for no good reason,
provides no useful information, and is misleading.

1. The following release is going to be a major release as there will be
significant changes to how flume is packaged and maintained. So we will have a
2.0 that changes nothing important followed by 3.0 that does.
2. A major version number implies user customizations likely need to be
modified. That is not the case.
3. Anyone still using ES 0.90.1 almost certainly doesn’t care about the release.

In the end, it sends the wrong message to users. Nothing significant changed as
the ES support is unusable as it stands.

Ralph