The comments on that JCommander issue seem to indicate that the issue was
resolved but never closed. I looked at
https://github.com/cbeust/jcommander/blob/master/build.gradle.kts and it
seems like they now use https for sonatype which is where the issue
originated from. I left a comment on their issue to confirm with the
developers if it was resolved.

I have a PR open that upgrades us to JCommander version 1.78 (
https://github.com/apache/fluo/pull/1083/files) which is the most recent in
maven. Hopefully that resolves the issue for us.

-Joe