Mark Eggers wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> > Hey, that was a clever way to demonstrate a fix,
> > to tweak the sitemap to call a copy of the xsl.
>
> Thanks, I was just following the pattern that's being used.
>
> > However, if you are using svn, then you could just change
> > the actual file and send the 'svn diff'.
>
> I've just started using svn extensively.  Right now most of my big
> projects are in CVS, and I keep configuration files in RCS.
>
> I'll try svn diff for my next submission (making faqs v2.0 consistent
> with document v2.0 and howto v2.0 I think).

Hmm, i am not clear what you mean by that.

> At any rate, after looking at forrest.xmap, it appears that the same
> howto2document.xsl is used to transform all howto vxy DTD documents.
> Since there were changes on going from V1.3 to V2.0, I didn't want to
> disturb any additional translations.

That is correct. These stylesheets need to be able
to cope with both formats.  Your changes did.

Don't be tricked by some of the filenames in there.
Many of the stylesheets are from old versions of Forrest.

The basic thing to bear in mind is that all formats
(i.e. v*.* of faq, changes, document) get transformed
into the internal format. At the momemnt this is document-v1

> I picked a name that seemed to follow the pattern for other translations
> in $FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/resources/stylesheets and went from there.

That is the point of my comments. You didn't need to duplicate
the xsl file.

--David