I was looking at nav-main.ft, and found that the background images in
the CSS were using URLs of the form '/skin/images/xxxx.gif' -- this
assumes that the deployed forrest site is deployed a domain whose top
level contains a skin directory. That is, this will NOT work if my
website is deployed at say http://foo.com/bar/home because /skin will
(wrongly) try to resolve to http://foo.com/skin

A simple solution is to use relative URLs. URLs in CSS are resolved
relative to the location of the CSS file, not the HTML file. And since
all the images reside in skin/images after deployment, simply changing
/skin/images/xxx.gif to images/xxx.gif solves the problem.

I would also like to suggest that we convert all GIFs to PNGs -- GIFs
has patent problems, and PNG is a better format anyways.

--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker