Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

What do both projects think which one should become the main app (lenya
or forrest)?

that's a funny question :)

afaik forrest has no workflow, user management etc, so if you need those, the answer would be pretty clear.

I think the question is "should Lenya become a Forrest plugin or vice-versa". This is an important question because whichever is the "main app" would have the ability to override functionality of the other.

For my case I chose for the CMS to run separately from the publication engine (Forrest) and only integrate at the publication level. This makes the CMS a plugin for Forrest. The advantage of this way around is that it allows multiple CMS systems to provide content for multiple Forrest based sites.

On the other hand, if Forrest is embedded into Lenya as a presentation engine I suspect you would only be able to use a single instance of Lenya as a source for content. Whether this is a disadvantage or not depends on the use case, for my own it is a problem.

Ross