Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > DC> We can enhance the original. Ferdinand, i don't mean
> > DC> to dismiss any of your contribution.
> >
> > OK, that's fine by me. Just go ahead and change what bugged you
> > about it.
> >
> > On the other hand: A lot of people put their mind on improving the
> > previous text, so may be it was not such a great idea for me to come
> > up with something totally different.

No, that was fine. It is good that people contribute
their views at any time.

> > It might help to hear some more voices on this?
>
> To be honest I can understand your SSP approach and I can see why it
> seems to be limiting, but I would prefer when we have a vote with the
> different proposals and then see which one wins.

The Apache voting system is not used to settle competing views.
It is intended to ensure that people are happy with the
proposed course. If a vote fails then we go back to the
proposal stage and come up with something different.

--David