David Crossley wrote:
Ross Gardler wrote:

David Crossley wrote:

Here is my proposal for the release plan. If people have
any concerns with the plan, then please raise them now.

Code freeze and testing starts on Sunday 2005-06-12 at 14:00 UTC [1].

During "code freeze" we cannot add any new functionality, just bug
fixes and documentation tweaks [4].

Does this also apply to the locationmap branch, that is "branch" in note [4] means the release branch and trunk, it has nothing to do with other branches.

It meant to refer to trunk and release branch. Other branches are
free to carry on.

However, don't take "code-freeze" too literally. We should define
what it means. I reckon that it means no new functionality,
because that could introduce new bugs. Doing bug fixing if they
are substantial bugs. What else? Does the cleanup of the sitemaps
qualify? If done carefully, then probably okay. WDOT?

I'd prefer to be a little more restrictive than allowing the sitemap restructuring. As I understand it, and would prefer it, even a minor commit will result in us (you?) having to rebuild the release distribution and us retesting.

In other words. Code-Freeze should mean *no* non-essential commits, which means bug fixes only (which will include corrections to docs). There should be no code enhancements (which means no sitemap refactoring).

We can do a 0.7.1 which includes the sitemap refactoring and the cocoon related issues once Cocoon head reaches a stable state again.

Ross