Tim Williams wrote:
On 8/6/05, Thorsten Scherler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The important point is that new committer are generally
overwhelmed by the information and infrastructure of the project and the
ASF. Some learn better step by step understanding what is ASF all about
and what a PMC member have to do (I consider myself as such a
somebody).

I personally wasn't overwhelmed.  The docs are fairly good except for
the pitiful email situation.

Tim, can you explain what you mean by "pitiful email situation". I see an opportunity to improve the learning process.

Ross