----- Original Message -----
From: "David Crossley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <dev@forrest.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 10:58 PM
Subject: Re: FOR-592 - pelt and i18n clarifications

| > it is
| > |
| > | Could do that. That would be a an immediate solution.
| > | This ablility to add translation for certain parts
| > | of the skin such as "Search", was only added very
| > | recently. Perhaps it does need better implementation.
| >
| > I will look into it, I somehow feel this is a quick-fix and not the
proper
| > solution. If I do not find the proper solution soon I will implement
this
| > fix as an interim and see what you think.
|
| This is definitely the best way to go at this stage.
| Yep, i reckon do the workaround above, then get on to
| something else. This excursion to understand i18n has
| given you a little more grasp of how to work with
| Forrest internals.

Well, I'm working on this and need a bit of help to complete it.

I am using <xsl:when> block and then an <xsl:otherwise> in the pelt
site2xtml.xsl but the
when statement is causing me problems.

How do I check for project.i18n=true (from forrest.properties created by
forrest seed) from this when statement.

I have :-

 <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="config.i18n = 'true'">   /* also tried $config/i18n
and a few others, this is where I'm stuck */
                (i18n compatible stuff)
      </xsl:when>
               <xsl:otherwise>
                       (Remove i18n stuff)