On 8/31/05, Thorsten Scherler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> even if I running in the danger to have called this vote (again) too
> early but see http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=112551792600003&r=1&w=2.
>
> Michael Wechner wrote
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=lenya-dev&m=112551727916047&w=2:
> > I think the Lenya community should give commit access to the Forrest
> > community
> > if people agree to enhance the default publication of Lenya. If it is going
> > to be a specific Forrest-Lenya publication, then I think it doesn't
> > really matter
> > where it's being housed as long as both communities have commit access ;-)
>
> I think the same and we already discussed it.
>
> My
> +1
>
> salu2
> [OT] Nicola, that seems to be a case for simple committership. ;-)
> --
> thorsten
>
> "Together we stand, divided we fall!"
> Hey you (Pink Floyd)

-0
I know that only for a veto is an explanation necessary but I feel
obligated to provide my rationale.

o)  I see no *pragmatic* difference between committership and this svn
access--both have write access, neither have binding votes. The
difference is only the words.

o) Seeing no pragmatic difference, I consider this essentially the
same as a vote for commitership and, there's no merit, so I dont' see
how it can be possible. I think perhaps the bar for commitership might
very well be lower for existing commiters on other projects but not so
low as to having contributed nothing.

o) I see valid alternatives:  (e.g. GSOC-type restricted and temporary
access like Cocoon did with their GSOC folks)

The two reasons I'm not vetoing this:

o) I have faith in those who are more experienced than I with the
Apache Way to do the right thing.

o) I recognize that my dissent is more principle-based than pragmatic
(i.e. the Lenya folks are really good and really smart so there will
likely not be any harm in this -- and the intent is to try and get
stuff done.)  I do find it somewhat ironic that the principles that I
think are being compromised are ones that are very dear to every here
but very new to me.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing progress with doco...
--tim