El jue, 16-03-2006 a las 19:11 +1100, David Crossley escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Juan Jose Pablos escribi??:
> > >
> > > I am a bit worry about the incident with Thorsten tag line for his
> > > website.
> >
> > No worries, dude.
> >
> > > It Seem that David was wrong to change that line without a bit of
> > > discussion.
> >
> > The least thing would have been that he writes a mail cc @pmc asking me
> > to change the tagline. Then I could change it myself and the whole story
> > that is now happening could have been prevented.
>
> But it wasn't about the tagline. It was about the concern
> that if we start making explicit statements about select
> Forrest developers then we automatically deny the
> contributions of others.

Well, why did you not brought this up in a mail (either on dev or on
pmc) then? Why you decided to just remove it? Why do you think that it
was not worth asking me personal or discussing in it in the open before
doing it?

...and in the end it was about the tagline!!!

It was something that I stated in my tagline that raised your concern.

> Also we do not need to seek anyone's permission when
> we feel that some document or code needs editing.

I disagree. Like I stated now some times. The live-site.xml should be
coming from the user feedback and less from us editing personal
taglines.

So, why do you not go ahead and delete the cocoon history page? You do
not need any permission for that either, right?

> However we do need to be prepared to defend our actions.

That is just the wrong approach IMO. Some stuff we discussing stuff to
the dead end (see the search plugin I am trying to commit) and others
are just done without discussion.

I do not understand this. :(

Can we just not find a medium?

salu2