We are almost there. The branch with FOP 94 is running
smoothly and I'm planning to merge it back by the end of
this week.

Some questions for the experts remain:

The branch changes Forrest core and the pdf-plugin
Can I do a complete merge or will the plugin have to
become a new version?

I guess a new version is required or Forrest 0.8 runs into problems when using the modified plugin 0.2 that calls for libraries that it doesn't have.

So here is what I'll do:

- change version number of pdf-plugin in the branch to 0.3
- merge all changes

- create an instruction file for using the new fop in 0.8
  by changing the plugin in properties to 0.3,
  adding the required libraries and replace the style sheets

Thanks for your comments,
Ferdinand