David Crossley schrieb:
Ross Gardler wrote:
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

- merge all changes
You should merge changes from the whole trunk into branch first and then test. If all goes well you can merge back into trunk. This step is not required but sometimes it sometimes highlights a change in trunk that affects your changes in the branch.

I now did a dry run to merge all changes from HEAD to r601867 into the
branch -- no problems here. Should I commit this merge into the branch?

I see that Ferdinand and Johannes are doing piecemeal changes
to the branch. I reckon that you would do better to follow
Ross' advice. Remember that we got into big trouble one time
and couldn't later merge to trunk.

I just applied that one patch which was important for testing.

Ferdinand touched very few files (namely in skins/commion/xslt/fo and
lib/core), so, he might as well apply these changes to HEAD.

What if Ferdinand manages to contain everything in the PDF/FOP-plugin?

Thanks and Cheers!
Johannes

-David

--
User Interface Design GmbH, Ludwigsburg, Germany
Phone/Fax  +49 7141 37700-46/-99, Mobile +49 170 4914567

Offices:
Martin-Luther-Straße 57-59, D-71636 Ludwigsburg
Truderinger Strasse 330, D-81825 Muenchen
Friedrichsring 46, D-68161 Mannheim
Hansastraße 7-11, 44137 Dortmund

Legal information according to EHUG:
User Interface Design GmbH; Managing Directors: Dr. Claus Goerner,
Franz Koller; Head office: Ludwigsburg; Commercial register of the
local court of Stuttgart, Germany, HRB 205519