On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 11:36 -0500, Charlie Rose wrote:
> I have Forrest and this plugin working in a Tomcat environment.
> However, I cannot figure out how to pass the query string, and my
> results aren't transformed. If you have any ideas, please let me know.

I guess you are using forrest 0.8, right?

Do you use the plugin with the dispatcher or with skins?

In any way requesting
http://localhost:8080/YOUR_PROJECT/solr-search.html?version=2.2&hl=true&hl.fl=content&fl=id,title&indent=on&rows=10&start=0&q=test

should return something. We use more or less the same parameter as in
solr directly (q is the query parameter).

As mentioned in
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr/

If you do not run solr on default port you need to change
<property name="solr.select.url"
value="http://localhost:8983/solr/select"/>
in your forrest.properties.xml

HTH