On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 11:44 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> > The pdf-plugin will not work with 0.8 as is because it was decided to
> > move critical libs from the plugin back into core.
>
> I must have missed that. Why were they moved back in?

I think there was a misunderstanding.

commons-io-1.3.1.jar -> should go into the plugin (because other code
does not seem to need it)

commons-logging-1.1.1.jar -> tricky since in 08 we have
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar

xmlgraphics-commons-1.2.jar -> not in 0.8 but needed by the plugin
(should go into the plugin)

http://marc.info/?l=forrest-dev&w=2&r=1&s=r618371&q=b

> > What I haven't tested so far is if 0.8 will work with a locally deployed
> > plugin that is marked for 0.9?
>
> It won't (not tested, so I should say it shouldn't).

IMO the plugin should work in 0.8 if the libs go back. We can release
the plugin in version 0.3  (compatible with 0.8) and then raise the
version to 0.4.

salu2