On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 09:14 -0400, Tim Williams wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Thorsten Scherler
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:svnc
> > On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 08:34 -0400, Tim Williams wrote:
> >> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Thorsten Scherler
> >>
> >> I reckon in that case, it's either the caching or its deeper in the
> >> actual LM/nodes.  You could try turning off caching completely and see
> >> if it helps.
> >
> > Turning caching off does not change the situation.
> >
> >> Or, you could change the implementation from a HashMap
> >> to a ConcurrentHashMap and see if that helps.
> >
> > I changed
> > public synchronized Object getAttribute(...)
> > which seems to fix the problem.
> >
> > :)
>
> I'm not sure that having getAttribute synchronized is good long term.
> Have you noticed a performance problems now?  Maybe create an issue to
> review this and figure out what the real culprit is in there?

I will test the performance but in any case I think this problem needs
to fixed since concurrency bugs are really ugly to debug and having this
problem in a high traffic site is a complete showstopper.

I agree that there may is a better solution then having getAttribute
synchronized, I will ask on cocoon-dev.

I created FOR-1082 and added a note to the code.

salu2