On 22/04/2010 00:54, Tim Williams wrote:
On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Tim Williams<william...@gmail.com>  wrote:

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 9:38 PM, David Crossley<cross...@apache.org>  wrote:
Tim Williams wrote:

reason I ask, is that we have FOR-1198 and FOR-796 both as "blockers"

No such issue. Rather FOR-1108 and FOR-796.

Arghh, typo, Thanks David.  So, are we leaving dispatcher in the
whiteboard for now?

Hate to be a nag, but... are we leaving dispatcher in the whiteboard
for the 0.9 release?  It's complicated b/c we have [at least] two
things working at odds here:  1) dispatcher has come to be in popular
use despite its status and 2) being in the whiteboard, it wouldn't
make it in the actual release.

So, thoughts?

I've wanted dispatcher in core since the 0.8 release for this very reason.

However, now I'm only an observer here I'll refrain from arguing for or against, just settle with pointing out that I think it would be a mistake to leave it out of 0.9 unless it were to delay the release unreasonably (ahem).

If it doesn't go in I would want to see a 0.10 within months with dispatcher in.

Ross