Tuesday, March 22, 2016, 9:44:31 AM, Sergio Fernández wrote:

> +1 (binding) for both releases.
>
> So far I've checked:
>
> * signatures and digests
> * source releases file layouts
> * matched git tags and commit ids
> * incubator suffix and disclaimer
> * NOTICE and LICENSE files
> * build sources in a clean environment (Oracle JDK 1.8.0_74, Debian amd64)
>
> Things could be polished for future releases (all non-blocking,
> probably more question for discussion than issues actually):
>
> * Test binaries distributed in the source release (taglib 2.jar,
> taglib-foo.jar, templates.jar); I do not know enough the project,
> but should be a way to make test dependencies with Ivy.

Those aren't binaries, but directories. They were binaries in RC01,
but now they are directories that the test packs into jars on the fly.

> * The same it could be applied for *.dtd files, but I guess there
> is a strong need of distributing them.

I hope we can drop them all together
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FREEMARKER-17).

> * Having a RELEASE-NOTES file I think we could include the actual
> notes in the source release, not just linking to the web or to a file in the
> binary release.

The version history is quite long, and contains links to Manual
sections without which it's much less usable, also some formatting. So
I don't want to burn resources on maintaining a plain text version.
But I thought we should still give at least a pointer at the standard
location, in the RELEASE-NOTES file.

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany